Thursday, January 12, 2012

4-star CB De'Vante Harris pushes back planned Oregon visit


Jesse (Max) Price's photo , Oregon Ducks Football Examiner

11th ranked class of 2012 cornerback De'Vante Harris pushes back his planned visit to Oregon.
11th ranked class of 2012 cornerback De'Vante Harris
  pushes back his planned visit to Oregon.

Credits: Rivals.com


The NCAA football recruiting game is heating up as signing day is just a few weeks away. On Wednesday, 11th ranked cornerback De'Vante Harris pushed back his scheduled visit to the University of Oregon after receiving new offers from Tennessee and Texas A&M.
Harris had planned on visiting Eugene, Oregon this upcoming weekend, but has pushed the visit back, with the possibility that he might not visit the Oregon facility at all.
“I know all won’t be perfect,” Harris said of his future college home, “but I’m trying to fit somewhere that’s best for me.”
The Texas native is intrigued by the Tennessee offer, saying that he hasn't had much time to look into out-of-state programs, and he plans to research the Volunteers in the coming weeks.
The Texas A&M offer is particularly interesting to Harris. His father, Rod Harris, was a receiver at A&M before going to the NFL and playing for the Saints, Cowboys, and Eagles. But De'Vante isn't going to let his father's past with Texas A&M change his recruitment plans.


“My dad is Rod Harris, and I’m De’Vante Harris. He has his future, and I’m going to have mine,” Harris said. “I like A&M, and people always say to follow a legacy. I kind of want to build my own.”
The 5'11, 160 pound cornerback is rated 4 stars by Rivals, and is ranked 11th in the nation at his position.

No comments:

Post a Comment