Saturday, December 3, 2011

My 2 cents

As the owner of this blog, I try to gather information about Texas A&M football and make it available for Aggie football fans so they can see what is being put out there in regards to Texas A&M football. That being said, I do have an opinion on Texas Aggie football but try not to interject too much and use this as a soap box for my own agenda. I do feel throwing my 2 cents in every now and then is helpful. So I have a few words to say about the firing of Coach Sherman,  First, I do not believe he should have been let go at this time. Don't get me wrong, I was bitterly disappointed in the season we had this year, we should have done better. Is that Mike Sherman's fault, hell yes it is, but I feel he should have been given the opportunity to make changes to the team and make them better next year. Mike Sherman did not inherit a great team. He worked hard and brought this team to a point where they were being considered a candidate with shot at a national championship. That cannot be said about his predecessor. So overall he has done a very good job.  Mike Sherman is a good man, a man that deserved a another chance to take this team forward. He has an extremely good recruiting class coming in and the team is on the right path. I believe an offensive coordinator was needed to help Sherman run the offense and he needed his school's support to help make the program better, not their disdain. 


 I feel this decision to fire Coach Sherman was a reactionary decision based mainly on emotion and not thoroughly thought out. I believed it was handled terribly by the University and they should be ashamed, Coach Sherman deserved better. I just finished watching the news conference that Coach Sherman gave and came away with even more respect for the man. College coaching is more than X's and O's, it's about building men. I believe the wins would have come for a Mike Sherman coached team, bot more importantly I believe he was the right man for this University that prides itself on integrity.  If I had a son I would want him playing for Coach Sherman.


Good luck Coach, I am sorry it had to end like this. You left the program so much better than when you got here. I hope the foundation you established will continue under the new coach and I wish you all the best on the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment